Purpose of the job:
To actively supervise the pupils in the dining room, playground and throughout the academy premises during the lunchtime period.
- To support the welfare, health and safety of pupils at designated times.
- To promote and foster good relationships between pupils.
- To challenge inappropriate behaviour and to provide pupils with boundaries of acceptable behaviour.
- To identify any causes of concern displayed by pupils and to report these to the Senior Lunchtime Supervisor or Teacher where appropriate.
- To arrange for first aid to be administered.
- To oversee the cleanliness of dining areas e.g. clean up spillages and ensuring earing areas are hygienic.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the academy’s policies and procedures including Child Protection Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy, Information Security Policies, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent health and safety legislation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to adapt to new situations and respond appropriately at short notice (A/I)
- Understand the importance of confidentiality (A/I)
- Working with children (A/I)
- Basic literacy/record keeping skills (A/I)
- Ability to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Ability to lead children (A/I)
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- A good sense of humour (A/I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (A/I/C)
- Lunchtime duty work (A/I)