Apprentice Administration Assistant
Purpose of the job:
Under supervision and direction, provide routine clerical, administrative support and receptionist support to the Academy.
- Under supervision undertake reception duties, being the first point of contact for visitors, parents and pupils, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and the signing in and out of visitors.
- Under supervision complete registers for pupils and provide reports for pupil attendance.
- Under supervision complete register for school dinners.
- Under supervision collect dinner, club and trip money.
- Under supervision provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, and completing routine forms.
- Under supervision deal with deliveries to the academy including checking against the goods received note and reporting discrepancies.
- Under supervision ensure that everyone is dealt with in a courteous, professional, calm and friendly manner.
- Under supervision provide an excellent customer service to parents, pupils, colleagues and visitors to the Academy.
- Under supervision assist in the organisation of afterschool clubs/activities.
- Under supervision support team members, sharing learning and best practice in order to contribute to overall team effectiveness.
- Under supervision assist with pupil’s first aid and welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff as required.
- Under supervision assist with arrangements for visits by the Academy nurse, photographer, etc.
- Under supervision provide general support for the Office Manager including finance duties.
- Under supervision provide clerical support if needed to Admin Assistant, teaching staff and the Pastoral Manager.
- Under supervision maintain manual and computerised records/management information system
- Under supervision undertake typing, word processing and other IT based tasks.
- Under supervision sort and distribute post.
- Under supervision report inappropriate pupil behaviour and convey serious incidents to the Office Manager/Principal as appropriate.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, inclusion, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
To undertake other reasonable duties with guidance and supervision, as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
External: Contractors, suppliers, parents, external agency professionals, other Trust staff.
Internal: Students, staff, AAB members, parents and visitors to the academy.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- GCSE Grade C in English and Maths, or equivalent (A/I/C)
- Knowledge of a range of standard computer packages e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook email (A/I)
- Able to communicate clearly face to face, by telephone and in writing with a wide range of people in a friendly and professional manner. (A/I/R)
- Able to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Able to work sensitively with confidential information (A/I/R)
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- RSA Level 2 word processing, or equivalent (A/I/C)
- Work experience with regard to reception/office work/working with the general public. (A/I)
- Familiarity with relevant school procedures, policies and guidelines