Purpose of the job:
Darton Academy is looking to appoint an Examination Invigilator to join our academy as soon as possible on a casual basis. The successful candidate will oversee and supervise examinations and ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions.
Darton Academy is a happy and vibrant school which serves the communities of Darton, Kexborough and surrounding areas. We are within easy reach of Leeds, Wakefield and Sheffield, as the academy is located minutes from J38 of the M1. All students are valued, regardless of their background or ability. We treat our young people with respect, and give them all the opportunity to achieve their potential. Our goal is for all our students to leave us as happy, well-qualified, confident young adults who go on to excel in the local sixth-forms, colleges, universities, and the wider world.
Our amazing building offers exceptional facilities, we have superb sports facilities, modern science labs and excellent performance spaces. The school is continuing to develop its ICT infrastructure and use of mobile and new technologies to support and enhance learning.
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed by appointment. Please call the academy to arrange your visit on 01226 232306.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- To prepare the examination room according to the requirements of the examination board (distributing papers and preparing associated materials).
- To supervise candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner to ensure examination board regulations are strictly observed.
- To provide assistance to candidates during examinations (e.g. enable them to find their allocated seats quietly and efficiently or answering enquiries during examination sessions).
- To assist in the efficient timekeeping of examinations.
- To deal with any minor behaviour issues in line with the academy policy, reporting any breaches of examination code of conduct to the supervising teacher/invigilator/examinations officer immediately.
- To maintain the security of the examination papers and/or candidate scripts before, between and following the examination.
- To ensure the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is fully stocked.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Internal Students, staff
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to take part in the staff development plan by participating in arrangements for further training and development (A/I)
- A good standard of basic education (A/I)
- Working in a school or learning environment (A/I)
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures (A/I)
- Understanding of Health and Safety policy (A/I)
- Excellent relationships with members of staff and students (A/I)
- Flexibility with regards to working hours during examination periods (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I)
- Ability to work independently or within a team (A/I)
- Basic knowledge of first aid (A/I)
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS (C)
- Reliable (A/I)