Purpose of the job:
To work as part of the Delta Academies Trust ICT support team to provide first line ICT support to staff and students of the member academies within the Trust or other agencies supported by the Trust when required.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- To provide maintenance, installation and support services to the Academy and/or core team site and the sites of other partner organisations within the Delta Academies Trust
- To work as part of the Delta Academies Trust ICT central support team
- To work in line with best practice Standard Operating Procedures and ensure processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- To contribute to the development of ICT and its use across the Trust
- To ensure that ICT facilities at all times are fully functional and secure
- Ensure proactive check lists are maintained and issues are escalated accordingly
- To Install and test new software before release and maintain accurate SAM records
- Ensure software and data are available to appropriate users
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly on all stations
- Ensure software and operating system updates are installed as appropriate
- Check new computer equipment on arrival and install as appropriate
- Ensure that the asset register is managed and maintained
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners, whiteboards, projectors; ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used
- Trouble shoot and maintain all aspects of the Trusts PC’s
- Liaise with external support agencies, to resolve faults speedily
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract
- Liaise with core ICT and external suppliers
- Prioritise and categorise workload in line with Standard Operating Procedures
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks
- Ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Follow suppliers recommended procedures
- Ensure knowledge is recorded and documented effectively
Other specific duties
- Basic clerical duties related to the post
- Assist staff members with the use of ICT software and hardware
- To comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description
- The nature of this role demands flexibility, creativity and innovation with regards to the needs of our academies. Additional duties may be required and these may be determined by the Director of ICT or Service Delivery Manager and you may be requested to carry out such additional activities at his/her discretion.
The post will be a member of the Core ICT Services team who are based at Education House, Knottingley, West Yorkshire.
The post may be assigned to an Academy site which will be detailed on the vacancy advertisement, however travel may be required to other sites within the Delta Academies Trust.
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exhaustive nor exclusive as the Post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading of the post.
The leave entitlement for a full year employee is shown below. Employees working less than 37 hours per week and/or less than full year will have their entitlement to annual, statutory and discretionary holiday calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Basic Leave after 5 years’ service
24 days 26 days
Statutory and Discretionary holidays
You are entitled to statutory and discretionary holidays (see below) if they fall on weekdays that you would have normally worked.
Good Friday, Easter Monday
Spring Bank Holiday Monday
Late Summer Bank Holiday Monday
Christmas Day and Boxing Day
New Year’s Day
About Delta ICT Services
Delta ICT Services provide an in house managed ICT service to associate and member Academies of the Delta Academies Trust, providing direct services and ICT support to over 40 academies and 25,000 users. Delta provide comprehensive staff benefit packages including:
- Full CPD training programmes, including Cisco, Microsoft and other industry leading courses.
- Paid exam and certification routes.
- In house development and training days.
- Skype team training sessions and updates.
- 121 personnel meetings and progress updates.
- Appraisals and working / training targets.
- Generous annual leave allowance that can be taken throughout the year.
- Staff benefit schemes, including:
- Private health care
- Cycle to work
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Have a working knowledge of network systems, their installation and maintenance and adaptation
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows workstation & server environments
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Have good fault finding skills and is an excellent problem-solver
- Can demonstrate good working practices in relation to the handling of ICT equipment
- Ability to work creatively with colleagues to deliver agreed outcomes and contribute effectively to team working
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Have initiative and can work independently without excessive supervision
- Have an understanding of when to consult, make decisions and defer to others
- Have the ability to communicate effectively to a range of different people
- Will plan, organise, prioritise and manage their own personal time effectively
- Have a positive commitment to organisational principles
- Understanding of health and safety issues and good practice
- Ability to actively record, document and share knowledge
- Good organisational and personal management skills
- Effective planning and teaching
- Effective behaviour management
- An ability to demand high standards
- Contribute and follow Delta ICT procurement policies and procedures
- Work independently and also be a team player
- An ability to develop good working relationships with students and staff
- Effective time-management
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Good ICT skills
- Commitment to self and team development
- Work in ways which promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academies’ Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS check
- Have a networking or computer engineering qualification at HND or higher
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco networking equipment and IP Telephony administration
- Knowledge and experience of Active Directory and Group Policy administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM for workstation and server management
- Knowledge and experience of mobile device management (MDM) platforms
- Knowledge of Office 365 services and capabilities
- Ability to work effectively with young people as individuals and in groups.
- Ability to support and maintain audio / visual equipment including; Interactive touch screens, projectors, whiteboards and amplifiers
- Ability to work in an ITIL environment
- The ability to travel independently across Delta Academies Trust group