Office 365 and Website Support Graduate
Purpose of the job:
Delta Academies Trust are seeking to appoint, an enthusiastic, reliable, creative, and self-motivated Graduate to join the core team at Delta Academies Trust. This role is an exciting and unique opportunity for an ambitious person to build their knowledge and skills whilst supporting and contributing to the development and administration of online environments across the Trust. We currently use Office 365, SharePoint and Power BI as our business platform and we want you to play a role in developing and enhancing this environment to help us get maximum use from it, in addition to sharing your ideas across the Trust to enable more agile and flexible working for both staff and learners. You will also support our academies in keeping their external websites up to date. Although this is advertised as a full time post, part time hours will be considered.
Delta Academies Trust are looking to build an elite team of exceptional leaders, teachers, and support staff to transform education in the North of England, in line with our vision of ‘changing lives’. Our vision is to transform education across the North of England and level up the playing field for those children who live in disadvantaged circumstances. Our high expectations of students has created a culture and climate conducive to learning and as a result the progress made by all students across the Trust is extremely positive. The support from school leaders allows for innovative practitioners to practice their craft.
The core team consists of a range of specialist staff who are committed to working alongside colleagues within our academies to ensure that they have the support they need to succeed. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a great team!
1. You will assist with the administration, design, development and support of SharePoint and Office 365 environments, ensuring they are in line with good practice.
2. You will research and exploit the opportunities available for improving the impact and effectiveness of SharePoint and Office 365 services as a business platform.
3. You will research and advise on the use of Microsoft 365 tools including Power Apps and Power Automate to extend the use of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint to enable more agile and flexible working for staff and learners.
4. You will research, develop and support bespoke systems and workflows within SharePoint using appropriate software.
5. You will contribute to the design and maintenance of reports/dashboards using data from a number of sources in Power BI.
6. You will assist and develop technical solutions for the core team and academies, specifically around the use of Office 365 apps, SharePoint and Power BI that reduce workload and improve efficiency.
7. You will advise on opportunities to enhance presentation across the business platform.
8. You will carry out accessibility and quality assurance testing.
9. You will work closely with Trust employees to increase user adoption of the Office 365 environment.
10. You will provide training to academy staff and the core team in the use of all aspects of Office 365.
11. You will create training guides and/or video tutorials where appropriate.
12. You will support academies in updating the content on their external websites.
13. You will be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, inclusion, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person without delay.
14. You will participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
15. You will ensure you carry out your role in a way that demands high standards whilst supporting inclusion and welcoming diverse thinking.
16. You will ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
17. You will work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
18. You will ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g., strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records).
19. You will understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, always ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer at once.
20. You will always comply with the Trust’s policies and procedures.
21. You will undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
- Team player
- Solution focused
- Improvement seeker
- Clear communicator
Contacts and Relationships
Managers - in regular contact with senior leaders/Principal within the academies and department heads in the central team
Support Staff – in regular contact with key support staff within the academies and central team
Trust Staff – in regular contact with Trust staff within Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and core departments.
External – in regular contact with suppliers, contractors as required.
This job description is provided for guidance only and does not form part of the contract of employment.
The post holder will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Qualified in Information systems or Computing at HND level or higher (C)
- Proven knowledge of Office 365 apps, including SharePoint, Outlook, OneDrive, Power Bi and Teams (A/I/R)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (A/I)
- Successful experience of developing an online system (A/I/R)
- Proven high level of accuracy and attention to detail (A/I/R)
- Proven high degree of creativity and problem solving (A/I/R)
- Excellent fault-finding skills providing a range of solutions (A/I/R)
- Proven successful communicator with a variety of stakeholders (A/I/R)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (A/I)
- Proven ability to work creatively with colleagues to deliver agreed outcomes, effectively contributing to team performance (A/I/R)
- Proven ability to work independently without excessive supervision (A/I/R)
- Understands when to consult, make decisions and defer to others (A/I/R)
- Experience and knowledge of data query languages such as Power Query, DAX and SQL (A/I)
- Appreciation, knowledge and application of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design (A/I)