Core - Apprentice Finance Administrator
Purpose of the job:
Delta Academies Trust are looking to appoint an Apprentice Finance Administrator to join the Core Team in September 2021.
In the role you will support the ‘Core Finance Team’ through the provision of financial information, ensuring the Trust’s financial management is robust and procedures are adhered to.
We are looking to appoint an Apprentice Finance Administrator to undertake a Level 2 accounting qualification, with the opportunity to progress to Level 3 and Level 4. Dependent upon experience, we will consider appointing you if you already have a Level 2 accounting qualification and are undertaking Level 3.
The salary is paid at £5 per hour (above the national apprenticeship rate). It is a full-time role to work all year round and is temporary for a minimum of 12 months.
Delta Academies Trust are looking to build an elite team of exceptional leaders, teachers, and support staff to transform education in the North of England, in line with our vision of ‘changing lives’. Our vision is to transform education across the North of England and level up the playing field for those children who live in disadvantaged circumstances. Our high expectations of students has created a culture and climate conducive to learning and as a result the progress made by all students across the Trust is extremely positive. The support from school leaders allows for innovative practitioners to practice their craft.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be part of a great team, then why not apply!
If you would like a conversation about this post, then please contact the Recruitment team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 196 0095.
Duties & responsibilities:
Under supervision and direction:
- You will process orders and invoices for goods and services, using the Finance software.
- You will ensure purchase order or invoice related queries are dealt with speedily and effectively.
- You will ensure that correct procedures are adhered to in line with the Financial Regulations Handbook.
- You will assist in ensuring effective procurement practice and ensuring Best Value principles are met.
- You will obtain quotes for goods and services where necessary.
- You will ensure all orders are delivered in the agreed timescales, deliveries match the purchase orders and any discrepancies are queried with the supplier.
- You will raise sales invoices as required.
- You will manage the day to day running of the Petty Cash account.
- You will assist with the review of Staff Travel Expense Claims and staff mobile usage in line with policies and procedures.
- You will maintain filing systems to fulfill audit requirements.
- You will assist the Finance Team in collecting, receipting and banking all monies received.
- You will assist with BACS payment runs.
- You will open and distribute the Finance post and print agreements and contracts for signature as required.
- As requested, you will run reports from the Finance software.
- You will be expected to participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- You will be expected to ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- You will be expected to be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- You will be expected to ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (eg strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records).
- You will be expected to understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- You will be expected to comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
You may be required to undertake other reasonable duties with guidance and supervision, as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
There is an expectation you will attend all college sessions and complete assignments on time.
The main colleagues the post holder will be required to have regular contact with will be all Finance staff, line managers, other departments (Payroll, HR, Recruitment, IT) and Academy contacts.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- GCSE Grade C in English and Maths, or equivalent (A/I/C)
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practice (A/I/C)
- Knowledge of the importance of customer relations (A/I)
- Knowledge of a range of standard computer packages e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook email (A/I)
- Able to communicate clearly face to face, by telephone and in writing with a wide range of people in a friendly and professional manner (A/I/R)
- Able to work sensitively with confidential information (A/I/R)
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy (A/I/R)
- To be highly organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage time to ensure that deadlines are met (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Diplomacy and discretion and the ability to appropriately manage confidential information (A/I)
- To display a responsible and co-operative attitude to working towards the achievement of the organisation’s aims and objectives (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote Delta’s Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- NVQs or equivalent qualification or experience in business, administration or Finance (A/I/C)
- A knowledge of Best Value and financial regulations (I)
- Experience of using finance software (A/I)
- Experience of working in a finance related environment (A/I)
- Experience of cash handling (A/I)
- To have proficient ICT skills to produce quality reports and documents, and to create and manage simple databases and spreadsheets (A/I)