Finance Administrator (Core)
Purpose of the job:
Delta Academies Trust are looking to appoint a Finance Administrator to join the Core Team in September 2021 on a full-time permanent basis.
In the role you will support the ‘Core Finance Team’ through the provision of financial information, ensuring the Trust’s financial management is robust and procedures are adhered to.
Delta Academies Trust are looking to build an elite team of exceptional leaders, teachers, and support staff to transform education in the North of England, in line with our vision of ‘changing lives’. Our vision is to transform education across the North of England and level up the playing field for those children who live in disadvantaged circumstances. Our high expectations of students has created a culture and climate conducive to learning and as a result the progress made by all students across the Trust is extremely positive. The support from school leaders allows for innovative practitioners to practice their craft.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be part of a great team, then why not apply!
If you would like a conversation about this post, then please contact the Recruitment team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 196 0095.
- To process orders and invoices for goods and services, using the Finance software.
- To ensure purchase order or invoice related queries are dealt with speedily and effectively.
- To check financial transactions to ensure that correct procedures are adhered to.
- To assist in ensuring effective procurement practice and ensuring Best Value principles are met.
- To obtain quotes for goods and services where necessary.
- To ensure all orders are delivered in the agreed timescales, deliveries match the purchase orders and any discrepancies are queried with the supplier.
- To assist with the day to day running of the Petty Cash account.
- To review staff travel expense claims and staff mobile usage in line with policies and procedures.
- To maintain filing systems to fulfil audit requirements.
- To assist the Finance Manager in collecting, receipting and banking all monies received.
- To assist with BACS payment runs.
- To open and distribute the finance post.
- To run reports from the finance software.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, inclusion, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To be aware of and support equal opportunities policies.
- To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Academy and Trust.
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g. strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records).
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
- To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Managers - in daily contact with senior leaders.
Support Staff – in daily contact with support staff who are involved in finance, cleaning, catering, site supervision and health and safety.
Trust Staff – in regular contact with Trust staff within finance, facilities, and human resources.
External – in regular contact with suppliers and contractors as required.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- GCSE Grade A*-C, or equivalent, in both English and Maths (A/I/C)
- Experience of using finance software (A/I)
- Experience of working in a finance related environment (A/I)
- Familiarity with relevant school procedures, policies and guidelines (A/I)
- Experience of using a range of standard computer packages e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook email (A/I)
- Experience of cash handling (A/I)
- Able to communicate clearly face to face, by telephone and in writing with a wide range of people (A/I/R)
- Able to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Able to work sensitively with confidential information (A/I/R)
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy (A/I/R)
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills (A/I/R)
- Able to work to demanding and often conflicting deadlines (I/R)
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification and/or relevant work experience (A/I/C)
- Experience of office administration (A/I)
- Working in a school or office environment (A/I)
- Knowledge of Best Value and financial regulations (I)