Purpose of the job:
Craven Primary Academy are looking appoint a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our academy as soon as possible.
We are one of the highest Ofsted rated schools in the whole of Hull, and our children have historically performed in the top 10% of all schools in the country, thanks to the hard work and dedication of a talented and passionate teaching staff.
Your new school
With 210 pupils aged between 3 and 11 housed in our academy, Craven is a friendly and vibrant place that serves the community of the Drypool ward, but many children from further afield attend because of our excellent reputation. We are a popular choice of school for the community, and each year our reception is heavily oversubscribed. We pride ourselves on the high levels of academic standards that our children reach, but also the responsible young citizens they develop into during their time with us.
Your new role
In your new role you will actively supervise the pupils in the dining room, playground and throughout the academy premises during the lunchtime period.
Why join our academy?
Our staff are talented and enthusiastic and have all contributed to the academy’s success story. We are a fun and enthusiastic team who enjoy the responsibility of changing children’s lives. We value the continuous professional development of all our employees and many of our staff members have developed to be leading their own academies. We offer a staff benefits package and have a strong focus on ensuring work/life balance.
- To support the welfare, health and safety of pupils at designated times.
- To promote and foster good relationships between pupils.
- To challenge inappropriate behaviour and to provide pupils with boundaries of acceptable behaviour.
- To identify any causes of concern displayed by pupils and to report these to the Senior Lunchtime Supervisor or Teacher where appropriate.
- To arrange for first aid to be administered.
- To oversee the cleanliness of dining areas e.g. clean up spillages and ensuring earing areas are hygienic.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the academy’s policies and procedures including Child Protection Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy, Information Security Policies, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent health and safety legislation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to adapt to new situations and respond appropriately at short notice (A/I)
- Understand the importance of confidentiality (A/I)
- Working with children (A/I)
- Basic literacy/record keeping skills (A/I)
- Ability to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Ability to lead children (A/I)
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- A good sense of humour (I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (C)
- Lunchtime duty work (A/I)