Purpose of the job:
Rossington All Saints Academy are looking to appoint Examination Invigilators to join our academy team in November 2021 on a casual basis for hours as and when required. The role will involve overseeing and supervising examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions.
The Academy is looking to build on the success of recent years and you will be joining an Academy that has been the top performing school in Doncaster for Progress 8 for the last four years. All students are valued, regardless of their background or ability. We treat our young people with respect, and give them all the opportunity to achieve their potential. Our goal is for all our students to leave us as happy, well-qualified, confident young adults who go on to excel in the local sixth-forms, colleges, universities, and the wider world.
We are within easy reach of the motorway network with the Academy being situated minutes from the M18 and A1. Our amazing building offers exceptional facilities, we have superb sports facilities, modern science labs and excellent technology spaces. You will be joining an Academy that places learning at the heart of everything it does and with high quality CPD being available to all staff. We are part of the Doncaster Opportunity Area that is prioritising improvements to education and numeracy and literacy outcomes, alongside a drive to recruit and retain high-quality, motivated staff to the area.
We continually reflect on our practice and that of the school as a whole and look for ways in which we can improve the experience of our learners. You must be able to demonstrate the same level of passion and commitment.
Potential candidates are welcome to visit to the Academy prior to the closing date. If you would like to arrange a visit please contact Hazel Daws, PA to the Principal at email@example.com
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- To prepare the examination room according to the requirements of the examination board (distributing papers and preparing associated materials).
- To supervise candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner to ensure examination board regulations are strictly observed.
- To provide assistance to candidates during examinations (e.g. enable them to find their allocated seats quietly and efficiently or answering enquiries during examination sessions).
- To assist in the efficient timekeeping of examinations.
- To deal with any minor behaviour issues in line with the academy policy, reporting any breaches of examination code of conduct to the supervising teacher/invigilator/examinations officer immediately.
- To maintain the security of the examination papers and/or candidate scripts before, between and following the examination.
- To ensure the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is fully stocked.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Internal Students, staff
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to take part in the staff development plan by participating in arrangements for further training and development (A/I)
- A good standard of basic education (A/I)
- Working in a school or learning environment (A/I)
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures (A/I)
- Understanding of Health and Safety policy (A/I)
- Excellent relationships with members of staff and students (A/I)
- Flexibility with regards to working hours during examination periods (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I)
- Ability to work independently or within a team (A/I)
- Basic knowledge of first aid (A/I)
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS (C)
- Reliable (A/I)