Purpose of the job:
De Lacy Academy are looking to appoint two Exam Invigilators to join our academy in November 2021 or sooner if possible.
Do you want to work for a Trust that is transforming educational outcomes for students in some of the most deprived areas in the North of England? If so this could be the role for you.
Here at De Lacy Academy we are on a journey of rapid improvement. We routinely rank amongst the highest performing schools in Wakefield and similar schools in the country. For example, in 2018 we were number 1 for similar schools in England and Wales.
Your new school
With 725 pupils aged between 11 and 16 housed in a building that has benefited from much recent investment, De Lacy is a busy and vibrant place. We serve the ex-mining area of Knottingley and draw increasingly from the surrounding areas. We are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth, for example in 2019 88 students left year 11 and 168 started in Y7. This was a similar picture in 2020.
Your new role
In your new role you will oversee and supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. The salary equates to £9.81 to £10.21 per hour.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this position then we would very much like to hear from you.
Why join our academy?
Our staff are talented and enthusiastic and have all contributed to the academy’s success story. We have a staff rewards budget and socialise both as subject teams and as a whole staff. We also have access to a staff benefits scheme. At De Lacy, we value the continuous professional development of all our employees and recognise that our staff and students are most successful when they feel happy, valued, challenged and supported to achieve their very best. Your new school is based next door to Education House, the center of Delta Academies Trust, making access to high quality CPD easy and convenient. In addition, De Lacy benefits from close access to the M62, the A1 and a local train station. You would be joining a highly skilled and committed staff. It is a source of pride to us that we retain such a high percentage of staff and trainee teachers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding team within a high-performing multi academy trust with exciting career prospects for successful applicants.
Visits to the academy are welcome by appointment, please contact the academy on 01977 722489 to arrange a visit.
- To prepare the examination room according to the requirements of the examination board (distributing papers and preparing associated materials).
- To supervise candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner to ensure examination board regulations are strictly observed.
- To provide assistance to candidates during examinations (e.g. enable them to find their allocated seats quietly and efficiently or answering enquiries during examination sessions).
- To assist in the efficient timekeeping of examinations.
- To deal with any minor behaviour issues in line with the academy policy, reporting any breaches of examination code of conduct to the supervising teacher/invigilator/examinations officer immediately.
- To maintain the security of the examination papers and/or candidate scripts before, between and following the examination.
- To ensure the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is fully stocked.
- To comply with the Academy’s Child Safeguarding Procedures, including regular liaison with the Academy’s Designated Child Safeguarding Person over any safeguarding issues or concerns
- To comply with the Academy policies and procedures at all times
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Internal Students, staff
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to take part in the staff development plan by participating in arrangements for further training and development (A/I)
- A good standard of basic education (A/I/C)
- Working in a school or learning environment (A/I)
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures (A/I)
- Understanding of Health and Safety policy (A/I)
- Excellent relationships with members of staff and students (A/I)
- Flexibility with regards to working hours during examination periods (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I)
- Ability to work independently or within a team (A/I)
- Basic knowledge of first aid (A/I)
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS (C)
- Reliable (A/I)