Site Supervisor - Primary
Purpose of the job:
The Parks Academy are looking to appoint a Site Supervisor to join our academy in November 2021. You will provide maintenance, cleaning and security services within the Academy.
The Parks is rated by Ofsted as a Good school and is located in the heart of Orchard Park. Our Ofsted rating is not the only thing 'Good' about us. We have an amazing team of staff who offer fabulous support, both in an academic and pastoral sense. We ensure that the curriculum is well rounded and that pupils have opportunities and experiences to last a lifetime! We aim to be the best school on our estate and we are passionate about all pupils getting the best experience in primary education. We know the value of effective relationships with parents and enjoy brilliant parental support.
We are very lucky that we are situated in Hull along with three other Delta academies: Craven Primary Academy, Mersey Primary Academy and Estcourt Primary. This allows us to work closely together and each academy is committed to learning from each other and sharing best practise.
If you believe you have the experience, vision and drive required for this role then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01482 854616 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To open and lock the academy premises, including during school holidays and after lettings during term time.
- To ensure that all tools, equipment and materials are safely stored at all times
- To set and test the security and fire alarm systems
- To check overall security of the site
- To respond to a call-out as a result of the alarm system being activated
- To contribute to the operation of heating plant and lighting systems
- To contribute to safety processes and cleansing operations , including regular checks of equipment
- To read meters as necessary and maintain approved records
- To undertake general maintenance and repairs such as – fixing locks, window catches, and toilet seats as well as general painting
- To regularly inspect the school site to carry out minor repairs, maintaining associated records
- To be aware of the provisions of any health and safety regulation in force and bringing matters of concern to the attention of the Office Manager
- To contribute to the daily maintenance of hard core surfaces and other areas, to include keeping paths, access points and entrances free of snow and ice to ensure safe passage as necessary
- To ensure that the academy is clear of litter and to contribute to the tidying of paths, drives and other hard surfaces within the site grounds as appropriate.
- To undertake cleaning duties as required and ensure adequate cleaning supplies are in stock
- To move furniture and equipment throughout the school as required
- To set up the hall for assemblies, performances other functions / meetings
- To undertake general gardening duties around the site such as weeding, planting and hedge trimming
- Collect and assemble waste for collection
- To attend meetings as required and participate in training as appropriate
- To work unsupervised as required by shift arrangement
- To promote the welfare of young people and adhere to safeguarding/child protection procedures in line with Academy Policy
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- There may be a requirement to work locally in other partner academies within the group.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
External: contractors, utility providers, emergency services, suppliers, parents/carers and members of the public
Internal: students, staff, parents, AAB members and any other visitors to the academy
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- COSHH regulations (A/C)
- Good standard of English and Maths (A/R/C)
- Handyperson/general maintenance experience (A/I)
- Understanding of health and safety issues and good practice (A/I)
- Knowledge of moving and handling procedures (A/I)
- Willingness to develop knowledge of ICT and other specialist equipment/resources (A/I)
- Working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation (A/I)
- Awareness and understanding of basic safety and security measures (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I/R)
- Effective communication skills (A/I/R)
- Ability to relate to people both in person and on the telephone (I)
- Ability to deal with day to day issues on own initiative (A/I)
- Good DIY skills (A/I)
- Effective time-management (A/I)
- The ability to meet deadlines (A/I)
- Ability to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- The holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Caretaking/site-keeping in a school or similar environment (A/I)
- Ability to use ICT effectively (A/I)