One to One Teaching / Care Assistant
Purpose of the job:
Estcourt Primary Academy are looking to appoint a One to One Teaching / Care Assistant to join our academy team in November 2021. You will provide one to one support for pupils with special educational and/or medical needs and to support access to learning for pupils.
Estcourt Primary Academy is located in East Hull. It is slightly larger than average with 322 pupils on roll, including 25 part time nursery pupils. In the last inspection (February 2017) Estcourt was rated by Ofsted as a good school. Citing the Academy had ‘created a strong team who wholeheartedly follow the school’s vision of inspiring and empowering others to achieve’. Since then we have continued to raise Academic standards and reached above the National expectation at Key Stage 2 both in 17-18 and 18-19. Through a respect centred curriculum we have also raised social and emotional achievement, which is extremely and equally important to us.
We are very lucky that we are situated in close proximity to three other Delta academies: Craven Primary Academy, Mersey Primary Academy and The Parks Academy. This allows us to work closely together and each academy is committed to learning from each other and sharing best practise. We pride ourselves on the fact that we develop children who are well rounded individuals and achieve some of the highest outcomes in the country.
We have an incredibly caring, passionate and talented staff who are dedicated to ensuring that they provide a positive foundation for each and every child who comes through our doors. We are really proud of Estcourt, our children are amazing and a real pleasure to teach!
We look forward to you joining our dedicated and supportive team. Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact Tricia Maguire on 01482 224336 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Support the pupil by:
· Providing personal/intimate care and supporting on a one to one basis
· Carrying out pre-determined educational activities and work programmes whilst promoting independent learning.
· Working to establish a supportive relationship with the children and parents concerned.
· Promoting and reinforcing the child’s self-esteem.
Support the Teacher by:
· Monitoring individual children’s needs and reporting these to their designated supervisor as appropriate.
· Keep such records of the children’s development as are required by the Academy.
· Supporting the teacher with educational activities.
Support the Academy by:
· Being aware of the Academy’s policies and procedures
· Being aware of confidential issues to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidence as appropriate.
Any special conditions of service
· There is a requirement to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
· Intimate care is required.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- A good standard of education particularly in Maths and English (A/C)
- To be aware of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection (A/I)
- Participate in development and training opportunities (A/I)
- Good communication skills both oral and written (A/I/R)
- Use basic technology – computer, video, photocopier (A/I)
- Ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders (A/I)
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Working with or caring for children of relevant age (A/I)
- Understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these (A/I)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (A)
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme or equivalent (A/C)
- Previous experience of working with young people preferably in a school setting (A/I)