Purpose of the job:
Willow Green Primary Academy are looking to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our academy November 2021 on a casual as and when basis. You will actively supervise the pupils in the dining room, playground and throughout the academy premises during the lunchtime period.
We believe that Willow Green Primary Academy is an inspirational place to work and to learn. With a dedicated and talented team we strive for excellence in everything we do and we pride ourselves on our creative and innovative approach to education. Teamwork and collaboration are central to everything we do for our children; by sharing our ideas, developing our expertise and harnessing our passion, we are able to create a wonderful environment where everybody’s achievements are valued and celebrated.
Located in Ferrybridge, in the heart of Yorkshire, we are a primary academy entrusted with being the centre of learning for over two-hundred children who range in age from Nursery to Year 6. The building itself is modern in design and flooded with natural light, making our learning environments bright and vibrant places to be. It is a beautiful place for children to learn and never fails to impress visitors to our school. We have high expectations of all our children and we model this by having high expectations of ourselves.
Each and every person who steps through the door at Willow Green is treated respectfully and given the absolute best opportunities possible to realise their potential and become the greatest version of themselves they can be.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01977 722487 if you would like to arrange a visit.
- To support the welfare, health and safety of pupils at designated times.
- To promote and foster good relationships between pupils.
- To challenge inappropriate behaviour and to provide pupils with boundaries of acceptable behaviour.
- To identify any causes of concern displayed by pupils and to report these to the Senior Lunchtime Supervisor or Teacher where appropriate.
- To arrange for first aid to be administered.
- To oversee the cleanliness of dining areas e.g. clean up spillages and ensuring earing areas are hygienic.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the academy’s policies and procedures including Child Protection Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy, Information Security Policies, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent health and safety legislation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to adapt to new situations and respond appropriately at short notice (A/I)
- Understand the importance of confidentiality (A/I)
- Working with children (A/I)
- Basic literacy/record keeping skills (A/I)
- Ability to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Ability to lead children (A/I)
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- A good sense of humour (I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (C)
- Lunchtime duty work (A/I)