Purpose of the job:
De Warenne Academy wishes to appoint four Exam Invigilators to join our talented and dedicated team. You will oversee and supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions.
Here at De Warenne Academy we are on a journey of rapid improvement and are currently ranked as the 3rd highest performing school in Doncaster and 9th out of 55 similar schools nationally. We are the highest performing secondary school of those situated in our local area and are improving year on year.
We serve the villages of Conisbrough and Denaby Main, situated between Doncaster and Rotherham. We are a small but oversubscribed academy, with 700 students on roll, and we pride ourselves on knowing our students well and doing our best to ensure everyone fulfils their potential.
We benefit from having a recently built academy situated in spacious grounds with excellent facilities.
Yet again students, parents and staff were celebrating record GCSE results at De Warenne this summer, with the year group having made more progress than any other year group in the history of the academy. The most able students did extremely well, picking up prestigious grade 9s across a range of subjects including maths, English, science, computer science, history, geography and French. Overall we were delighted with the progress made by our Class of 2020 in such challenging circumstances.
Our staff are talented and enthusiastic and have all contributed to the academy’s success story. We have a staff rewards budget and socialise both as subject teams and as a whole staff. We also have access to a staff benefits scheme.
At De Warenne, we value the continuous professional development of all our employees and recognise that our staff and students are most successful when they feel happy, valued, challenged and supported to achieve their very best.
Our senior leadership team, along with our dedicated teachers and support staff, are committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for every child in our care. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team within a high-performing multi academy trust with exciting career prospects for successful applicants. Come and visit us and see for yourself!
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact Mrs D Ellor on 01709 864001 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- To prepare the examination room according to the requirements of the examination board (distributing papers and preparing associated materials).
- To supervise candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner to ensure examination board regulations are strictly observed.
- To provide assistance to candidates during examinations (e.g. enable them to find their allocated seats quietly and efficiently or answering enquiries during examination sessions).
- To assist in the efficient timekeeping of examinations.
- To deal with any minor behaviour issues in line with the academy policy, reporting any breaches of examination code of conduct to the supervising teacher/invigilator/examinations officer immediately.
- To maintain the security of the examination papers and/or candidate scripts before, between and following the examination.
- To ensure the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is fully stocked.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Internal Students, staff
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to take part in the staff development plan by participating in arrangements for further training and development (A/I)
- A good standard of basic education (A/I)
- Working in a school or learning environment (A/I)
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures (A/I)
- Understanding of Health and Safety policy (A/I)
- Excellent relationships with members of staff and students (A/I)
- Flexibility with regards to working hours during examination periods (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I)
- Ability to work independently or within a team (A/I)
- Basic knowledge of first aid (A/I)
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS (C)
- Reliable (A/I)