Purpose of the job:
Manor Croft Academy are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join our academy team in January 2022. To be responsible for preparing food and serving to staff and students.
The minimum actual pro rata’d salary per annum for this job starts at £9,410.19 (£9.62 per hour).
Manor Croft Academy has undergone a significant transformation in recent years; resultantly, it now boasts some of the best levels of progress across the region (+0.79). Our learners demonstrate a relentless desire to succeed and show high levels of engagement, interest and resilience when learning new skills and knowledge. Behaviour and focus in classrooms is truly outstanding.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join one of the most improved and now oversubscribed academies in the country with some of the best outcomes in the north of England. An academy with a culture of professional learning and reflection and one which works effectively with its community to bring about sustainable improvements.
We look forward to you joining our dedicated and supportive team.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01924 325230 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Duties & responsibilities:
- To prepare, cook and serve food to students, staff and visitors
- To have a relevant basic food hygiene qualification
- To be responsible for the general cleanliness of the kitchen and all equipment
- To promote an efficient and polite service and good customer relations
- To work closely with all staff to ensure a smooth and pleasant eating experience
- To attend any staff meetings or training courses necessary to promote good working practices within the team
- To promote the objectives of the academy via the provision of a quality service which is efficient and effective at all times
- To be based within a kitchen environment, but with flexibility to cover within other areas as required
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, inclusion, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To be aware of and support equal opportunities policies
- To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Academy and Trust
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g. strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records).
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
External: Suppliers, parents, other Trust staff
Internal: Students, staff, AAB members, parents and visitors to the academy
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- A good standard of written and oral language skills (A/I)
- Basic Food Hygiene qualification (A/I)
- Awareness of food safety issues (A/I)
- General knowledge and experience of working with food (A/I)
- Flexibility (A/I)
- Hard working (A/I)
- Trust worthy (A/I)
- Able to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Able to work constructively as part of a team and on their own initiative (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Working in a school canteen or kitchen environment (A/I)
- Using a variety of kitchen and catering equipment (A/I)
- Working in large premises (A/I)