Teaching Assistant Level 2
Purpose of the job:
Manor Croft Academy are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 2 to join our academy team in January 2022. You will work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
The minimum actual pro rata’d salary per annum for this job starts at £12,604.79
Manor Croft Academy has undergone a significant transformation in recent years; resultantly, it now boasts some of the best levels of progress across the region (+0.79). Our learners demonstrate a relentless desire to succeed and show high levels of engagement, interest and resilience when learning new skills and knowledge. Behaviour and focus in classrooms is truly outstanding.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join one of the most improved and now oversubscribed academies in the country with some of the best outcomes in the north of England. An academy with a culture of professional learning and reflection and one which works effectively with its community to bring about sustainable improvements.
We look forward to you joining our dedicated and supportive team.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01924 325230 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Support the pupil by:
- Undertaking the activities with either individuals or groups of children to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical, emotional and educational development.
- Carrying out pre-determined educational activities and work programmes whilst promoting independent learning.
- Establishing good relationships with pupils and acting as a role model.
- Working to establish a supportive relationship with the children and parents concerned.
- Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of the child with special needs.
- Promoting and reinforcing the child’s self-esteem.
- Providing feedback to pupils in relation to their progress and achievement, under the guidance of the teacher.
- Promoting good pupil behaviour and dealing with conflicts and incidents in line with academy policies.
Support the Teacher by:
- Monitoring individual children’s needs and reporting these to their designated supervisor as appropriate.
- Being aware of issues around pupil progress and achievement and reporting to the teacher as agreed.
- Keep such records of the children’s development as are required by the Academy.
- Assisting teaching staff in the planning of work programmes for individuals and groups of children.
- Provide support to the teacher in delivery of local and national learning strategies.
- Supporting teaching staff in the carrying out of home visits.
- Assisting the teaching staff in the smooth transition between educational phases.
Support the Academy by:
- To be aware of confidential issues to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidence as appropriate.
- To assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, which may include before and after school and at lunchtimes.
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g. strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records).
To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
Any special conditions of service
- There is a requirement to undergo an enhanced DBS check
- Term time working
- There may be a need occasionally to work outside of normal academy hours and/or off premises following appropriate consultation and notice.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Working with or caring for children of relevant age (A/I)
- Understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these (A/I)
- A minimum GCSE Maths and English grades C or above (or equivalent) (A/C)
- An understanding of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection (A/I)
- Participate in development and training opportunities (A/I)
- Previous experience of working with young people preferably in a school setting (A/I)
- Good communication skills both oral and written (A/I/R)
- Use basic technology – computer, video, photocopier (A/I)
- Ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders (A/I)
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS with barred list (C)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (A)
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme or equivalent (A/C)
- Awareness of local and national teaching strategies (A/I)
- Completion of NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant (A/C)