Purpose of the job:
The Parks Academy are looking to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our academy in January 2022. The successful applicant will actively supervise the pupils in the dining room, playground and throughout the academy premises during the lunchtime period.
The minimum actual pro rata’d salary per annum for this job starts at £3,125.76
The Parks is rated by Ofsted as a Good school and is located in the heart of Orchard Park. Our Ofsted rating is not the only thing 'Good' about us. We have an amazing team of staff who offer fabulous support, both in an academic and pastoral sense. We ensure that the curriculum is well rounded and that pupils have opportunities and experiences to last a lifetime! We aim to be the best school on our estate and we are passionate about all pupils getting the best experience in primary education. We know the value of effective relationships with parents and enjoy brilliant parental support.
We are very lucky that we are situated in Hull along with three other Delta academies: Craven Primary Academy, Mersey Primary Academy and Estcourt Primary. This allows us to work closely together and each academy is committed to learning from each other and sharing best practise.
If you believe you have the experience, vision and drive required for this role then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01482 854616 if you would like to arrange a visit.
- To support the welfare, health and safety of pupils at designated times.
- To promote and foster good relationships between pupils.
- To challenge inappropriate behaviour and to provide pupils with boundaries of acceptable behaviour.
- To identify any causes of concern displayed by pupils and to report these to the Senior Lunchtime Supervisor or Teacher where appropriate.
- To arrange for first aid to be administered.
- To oversee the cleanliness of dining areas e.g. clean up spillages and ensuring earing areas are hygienic.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the academy’s policies and procedures including Child Protection Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy, Information Security Policies, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent health and safety legislation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to adapt to new situations and respond appropriately at short notice (A/I)
- Understand the importance of confidentiality (A/I)
- Working with children (A/I)
- Basic literacy/record keeping skills (A/I)
- Ability to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Ability to lead children (A/I)
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- A good sense of humour (I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (C)
- Lunchtime duty work (A/I)