One to One English Tutor
Purpose of the job:
Ingleby Manor Free School and Sixth form are looking to appoint a One to One English Tutor to join our academy as soon as possible. You will deliver tuition to identified students, in small groups or on a one to one basis.
The salary is £20 per hour for UQT (unqualified teacher status), £29 per hour for QTS (qualified teacher status).
Ingleby Manor Free School and Sixth Form is at an exciting time in its development. 2019 saw the first set of GCSE results for the school, and 2020 will see the opening of its Post 16 provision.
Ingleby Manor Free School and Sixth Form aims to be a vibrant centre of learning and a hub of activity for the whole of the Ingleby Barwick community. Our school will foster learning communities and promote and provide excellence in teaching, learning and relationships by setting high standards of behaviour, inclusion and engagement, instilling high personal and collective aspirations. Our students will leave their time with us as successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens, ready to grasp every opportunity available to them in their future careers and wider lives.
Backed by an education partner (Delta Academies Trust) with wide experience and strong resources, students attending Ingleby Manor will be taught in smaller than usual classes and will expect to receive high quality, innovative, teaching in an enriched curriculum offer. We are a school with a strong sense of community, a welcoming staff and a desire to be the best we can be.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01642 352450 if you would like to arrange a visit or discuss the role.
- To deliver tuition face to face during the day, or via Microsoft Teams remotely on a 121 basis or to a small group of students on evenings and possibly weekends.
- To deliver tuition through organising and supporting the learning of identified students in order to raise their levels of attainment. To lead on improving rates of progression for identified students by liaising with the key stakeholders about the learning
- To meet with the class teacher before tutoring, to identify areas for development and support, plan the student’s personalised learning programme and agree outcomes
- To establish a relationship and understanding of learning needs before tutoring begins and agree time and location of tutoring
- Liaise with the class teacher during the tuition
- Provide feedback to class teacher/Vice Principal and agree next steps
- Liaise, as required, with a range of contacts, to include: Principal, Class teacher and/or subject leader and students
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g. strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records)
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The job description will be reviewed as appropriate and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Educated to A’ Level standard in relevant subject (A/C)
- The ability to be an excellent classroom practitioner (I/R)
- Understanding of health and safety issues and good practice (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I)
- Effective planning and teaching (A/I/R)
- Effective behaviour management (A/I/R)
- An ability to demand high standards (A/I/R)
- Work independently and be a team player (A/I/R)
- An ability to develop good working relationships with students and staff (A/I/R)
- Effective time-management (A/I)
- The ability to meet deadlines (A/I)
- Good ICT skills (A)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety and Child Protection policies (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS check if offered the position (C)
- PGCE/Cert Ed (A/C)
- Previous experience of working with young people (A/I)
- Experience of delivering similar courses (A/I)