Purpose of the job:
Ash Hill Academy is looking to appoint a Cleaning Supervisor to join our academy team as soon as possible. The successful applicant will work as part of the site management team, supervising the cleaning staff, to maintain the cleanliness of the academy site, ensuring it is a safe and clean place to work. The working hours will be 6:00am - 9:00am and 3:15pm - 5:15pm, Monday – Friday, however, flexibility is required.
The minimum actual pro rata’d salary per annum for this job is £12,541.89.
Ash Hill is a challenging yet extremely rewarding school on the move! Situated just off the M18, the school is ideally located for travel from Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster, Goole and Scunthorpe.
Currently, results are on a 3 year upward trend, student numbers are on a 3 year upward trend and parental buy-in is the best it has ever been!
Staff morale is high (ask them), staff CPD is targeted to meet the academy’s needs whilst catering for teacher professional development. As part of a trust, career opportunities and the sharing of best practice is widespread – support is always at hand.
Currently Ash Hill is having a new 21st century school built to meet our growing needs; come for a visit and join us on our journey.
The academy has recently been awarded a judgement of Good in all categories with outstanding features.
- To supervise and organise the cleaning staff and duties within the relevant areas of the Academy
- To empty and wash out dustbins and waste containers.
- To dust.
- To polish or wipe available surfaces (tables, desks, shelves, work surfaces, etc).
- To move furniture so that floors can be cleaned.
- To vacuum floors and material furniture.
- To sweep, scrub, buff, polish or mop floors as appropriate.
- To clean windows and glass door panels.
- To remove chewing gum and graffiti.
- To wipe or wash walls, lockers, window ledges, skirting boards, radiators and pipework and furniture, etc. as required.
- To straighten the furniture, close windows, water plants and leave rooms looking tidy.
- To clean showers, sinks and washbasins and the surrounding areas.
- To clean toilets and urinals.
- To keep the cleaner’s cupboard tidy.
- To look after the equipment and report any faults.
- To action any reports of faults that have been reported by the cleaning team.
- To ensure that chemicals are handled, stored and used correctly.
- To ensure that all health and safety instructions are followed at all times.
- To attend any necessary training relevant to the post.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Working in a cleaning role (A/I)
- Working in a supervisory role (A/I/R)
- Basic literacy/record keeping skills (A)
- Good communication and listening skills (A/I)
- Ability to organise own and others daily routines (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (A/I)
- Working a school or office environment (A/I)