One to One Teaching / Care Assistant - Temporary
Purpose of the job:
Mersey Primary Academy are looking to appoint a One-to-One Teaching/Care Assistant to join our academy in February 2022. You will provide one to one support for pupils with special educational and/or medical needs and to support access to learning for pupils.
The minimum actual pro rata’d salary per annum for this job starts at £11,793.26
Here at Mersey Primary Academy we are on a journey of rapid improvement and were graded as a good school by Ofsted in June 2019.
With 200 pupils aged between 3 and 11 housed in our academy, Mersey Primary Academy is a busy and vibrant place. We serve the east of Hull, around the Holderness Road area. We are a small academy, and we pride ourselves on knowing our students well and doing our best to ensure everyone fulfils their potential.
Our staff are talented and enthusiastic and have all contributed to the academy’s success story. At Mersey Primary Academy, we value the continuous professional development of all our employees and recognise that our staff and students are most successful when they feel happy, valued, challenged and supported to achieve their very best.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding team within a high-performing multi academy trust with exciting career prospects for successful applicants.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this position then we would very much like to hear from you.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01482 327417 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Support the pupil by:
- Providing personal/intimate care and supporting on a one to one basis
- Carrying out pre-determined educational activities and work programmes whilst promoting independent learning.
- Working to establish a supportive relationship with the children and parents concerned.
- Promoting and reinforcing the child’s self-esteem.
Support the Teacher by:
- Monitoring individual children’s needs and reporting these to their designated supervisor as appropriate.
- Keep such records of the children’s development as are required by the Academy.
- Supporting the teacher with educational activities.
Support the Academy by:
- Being aware of the Academy’s policies and procedures
- To be aware of confidential issues to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidence as appropriate.
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g. strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records).
Any special conditions of service
- There is a requirement to undergo an enhanced DBS check
- Term time working
- There may be a need occasionally to work outside of normal academy hours and/or off premises following appropriate consultation and notice.
- Intimate care is required.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- A good standard of education particularly in Maths and English (A/C)
- To be aware of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection (A/I)
- Participate in development and training opportunities (A/I)
- Good communication skills both oral and written (A/I/R)
- Use basic technology – computer, video, photocopier (A/I)
- Ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders (A/I)
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Working with or caring for children of relevant age (A/I)
- Understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these (A/I)
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid (A)
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme or equivalent (A/C)
- Previous experience of working with young people preferably in a school setting (A/I)