Purpose of the job:
Don Valley Academy are looking to appoint three Exam Invigilators to join our academy in February 2022. You will oversee and supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions.
The salary equates to £9.81 per hour.
Don Valley Academy is proud to be rated Ofsted GOOD (April 2019) for the first time in its history! This has been achieved by having dedicated and enthusiastic staff who are committed to giving our community an extraordinary educational experience.
We are a vibrant Academy with over 1000 students on roll. We benefit from a new building which opened in November 2016 enabling our students and staff to use state of the art facilities. We serve a significantly deprived community with 42% of students being pupil premium and 38% being in the bottom 10% for deprivation. Despite these challenges, you will find Don Valley students to be polite and engaged with learning.
As a community we embrace all opportunities and strive to support and challenge each other. We have a comprehensive professional development calendar which is tailored specifically to meet the current needs. Staff enjoy the leadership opportunities found within our ‘DEEPs’ model and are able to gain experiences of roles across the Academy from Aspiring Leaders to Associate Assistant Principals.
Collaboration is at the heart of the Academy for both students and staff and you will find Don Valley Academy to be positive and reflective towards their own professionalism, with wellbeing as a pivotal aspect of our Academy ethos.
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01302 651035 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- To prepare the examination room according to the requirements of the examination board (distributing papers and preparing associated materials).
- To supervise candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner to ensure examination board regulations are strictly observed.
- To provide assistance to candidates during examinations (e.g. enable them to find their allocated seats quietly and efficiently or answering enquiries during examination sessions).
- To assist in the efficient timekeeping of examinations.
- To deal with any minor behaviour issues in line with the academy policy, reporting any breaches of examination code of conduct to the supervising teacher/invigilator/examinations officer immediately.
- To maintain the security of the examination papers and/or candidate scripts before, between and following the examination.
- To ensure the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is fully stocked.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
- To comply with the Trust and academy’s policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
Internal Students, staff
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Willing to take part in the staff development plan by participating in arrangements for further training and development (A/I)
- A good standard of basic education (A/I)
- Working in a school or learning environment (A/I)
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures (A/I)
- Understanding of Health and Safety policy (A/I)
- Excellent relationships with members of staff and students (A/I)
- Flexibility with regards to working hours during examination periods (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I)
- Ability to work independently or within a team (A/I)
- Basic knowledge of first aid (A/I)
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS (C)
- Reliable (A/I)