Purpose of the job:
To provide an efficient and accurate Payroll service to Delta Academies Trust.
- To act as a main point of contact for the academies and employees for payroll, both in person, by telephone and email
- To process payroll and maintain payroll information as required
- To ensure contractual changes are correct and appropriately authorised
- To prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports
- To administer payroll processes for employee maternity and sickness
- To ensure contracts of employment are issued to new members of staff where appropriate
- To undertake general office duties including mail, filing, photocopying and collating information as necessary
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To work in accordance with Trust policies and procedures
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- GCSE Maths and English, grades C or above (or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook.
- At least one year’s payroll experience.
- Experience of dealing with a range of people
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage time to ensure that deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently, with good awareness of when to take initiative and when to check and confirm actions
- Ability to be well organised and accurate in all aspects of the role with the ability to prioritise
- Able to process documentation using Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to form strong and effective working relationships with colleagues, within the academies and in partner organisations, even when working remotely from them
- A commitment to own and team learning and development
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Delta Academies Trust Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies
- A commitment to the ethos and values of the Delta Academies Trust
- To display a responsible and co-operative attitude to working towards the achievement of the Delta Academies Trust aims and objectives
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS check
- Experience of processing payroll within an education setting
- Experience of working within a school/academy environment
- Experience of administering Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and Teachers’ Pension Scheme