Apprentice Finance Assistant
Purpose of the job:
Under supervision and direction, provide routine finance support to the Academy.
Paid in accordance with the national apprenticeship rates.
- Provide support to the Finance team
- Assist with routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, telephone calls, incoming mail, scanning, distribution of deliveries
- Prepare Purchase invoices for distribution to budget holders
- Data processing into the computerised Finance package (Corero)
- Assist in the preparation of payment runs
- Assist with monthly reconciliations
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems, using IT applications to effectively deliver tasks
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Finance Manager
- To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
External: Contractors, suppliers, parents, external agency professionals, other Trust staff.
Internal: Students, staff, AAB members, parents and visitors to the academy.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Undertake appropriate AAT apprenticeship course (I)
- GCSE maths and english or equivalent (A)
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team (I/R)