Technician - Technology
Purpose of the job:
To support teaching and learning in the Department on a day to day basis as directed by the Head of Department.
- To liaise regularly with the Head of Department.
- To prepare materials within the department and assist with the demonstration of lessons.
- To provide basic maintenance and setting up of workshop tools and machinery.
- To support staff in the use of ICT, including CAD/CAM.
- To organise, maintain and monitor all technology tools, machines and equipment.
- To order resources and stock.
- To maintain an inventory and management of materials and stock.
- To use heat treatment facilities; brazing, welding and casting.
- To report faulty machinery and liaise with contractors where appropriate.
- To maintain classroom displays.
- To complete Health and Safety audits and provide advice to staff.
- To organise sales to students.
- To complete Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) of all electrical equipment in designated areas.
- To assist teaching staff to support teaching and learning in the classroom.
- To carry out Fire Marshall duties in the case of Fire and/or Emergency Evacuation.
- To comply with the Academy’s Child Safeguarding Procedures, including regular liaison with the Academy’s Designated Child Safeguarding Person over any safeguarding issues or concerns.
- To comply with the Academy policies and procedures at all times.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
External: Contractors, suppliers, parents, external agency professionals.
Internal: Students, staff, EAB members, parents and any other visitors to the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy