Site Supervisor - Alternative Provision
Purpose of the job:
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
To provide maintenance, cleaning and security services within the Academy. In conjunction with minibus driver duties for the school’s home/school transport provision.
Site Supervisor Duties:
To provide maintenance, cleaning and security services within the Academy.
- To open and lock the academy premises, including during school holidays and after lettings during term time.
- To ensure that all tools, equipment and materials are safely stored at all times
- To set and test the security and fire alarm systems
- To check overall security of the site
- To respond to a call-out as a result of the alarm system being activated
- To contribute to the operation of heating plant and lighting systems
- To contribute to safety processes and cleansing operations , including regular checks of equipment
- To read meters as necessary and maintain approved records
- To undertake general maintenance and repairs such as – fixing locks, window catches, and toilet seats as well as general painting
- To regularly inspect the school site to carry out minor repairs, maintaining associated records
- To be aware of the provisions of any health and safety regulation in force and bringing matters of concern to the attention of the Office Manager
- To contribute to the daily maintenance of hard core surfaces and other areas, to include keeping paths, access points and entrances free of snow and ice to ensure safe passage as necessary
- To ensure that the academy is clear of litter and to contribute to the tidying of paths, drives and other hard surfaces within the site grounds as appropriate.
- To undertake cleaning duties as required and ensure adequate cleaning supplies are in stock
- To move furniture and equipment throughout the school as required
- To set up the hall for assemblies, performances other functions / meetings
- To undertake general gardening duties around the site such as weeding, planting and hedge trimming
- Collect and assemble waste for collection
- To attend meetings as required and participate in training as appropriate
- To work unsupervised as required by shift arrangement
- To promote the welfare of young people and adhere to safeguarding/child protection procedures in line with Academy Policy
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- There may be a requirement to work locally in other partner academies within the group.
- External: contractors, utility providers, emergency services, suppliers, parents/carers and members of the public
- Internal: students, staff, parents, AAB members and any other visitors to the academy
Minus Driver Duties:
- Operating one of the academy’s bus routes, collecting children from given pick-up points along the route and delivering them to school; collecting them from school and dropping them back at the given points.
- Ensuring that the minibus is kept clean and in good condition, including, but not restricted to:
- Weekly cleaning of the bus, both inside and out
- Ensuring signs inside the bus are properly attached and in good condition
- Regular visual inspection/checking of tyres, lights, oil, water, fuel
- Ensuring that any additional work required is communicated immediately to the Site Manager
- Adhere to all school policies including Health and Safety guidelines for Minibus Drivers
- To liaise directly with parents when necessary
- Enforcement of the school behaviour policy and the reporting of any incidents or unsatisfactory behaviour to Line Manager.
- Dealing with accidents/incidents and reporting them to the school Office/member of the senior leadership team.
- Receive delivered lunches, serve student lunches and then to be the Lunch Time Supervisor which includes serving lunch to the students and be responsible for the overall management for students to dine promotes an order and pleasant meal service.
- Ensuring the kitchen and facilities department are clean and in good condition after breakfast, breaktime and lunch service.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the academy’s policies and procedures including Child Protection Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy, Information Security Policies, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent health and safety legislation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Understanding of Health & Safety Issues and good practice
- Knowledge of moving and handling procedures
- Awareness and understanding of basic safety and security measures
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Driving licences obtained on or after 1st January 1997 must have a category D1 PCV entitlement on their licence by meeting higher medical standards and passing an appropriate test or have obtained a driving licence before January 1st 1997
- Have experience driving a minibus
- Have held had a driving licence for at least 2 years and be 21 years of age or over.
- Good organisational and personal management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to deal with day to day issues on own initiative
- Effective time management
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility.
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS check
- To have a basic food and hygiene qualification
- To have basic first aid
- Experience of working with the elderly, disabled and the young
- Experience of working in the bus industry/community transport sector