Purpose of the job:
To support the Finance Manager through the provision of financial information. Ensuring the Academy’s financial management is robust and procedures are adhered to.
- To process orders and invoices for goods and services, using the Finance software.
- To ensure purchase order or invoice related queries are dealt with speedily and effectively.
- To check financial transactions to ensure that correct procedures are adhered to.
- To assist in ensuring effective procurement practice and ensuring Best Value principles are met.
- To obtain quotes for goods and services where necessary.
- To ensure all orders are delivered in the agreed timescales, deliveries match the purchase orders and any discrepancies are queried with the supplier.
- To raise sales invoices as required.
- To manage the day to day running of the Petty Cash account.
- To review staff travel expense claims and staff mobile usage in line with policies and procedures.
- To maintain filing systems to fulfil audit requirements.
- To assist the Finance Manager in collecting, receipting and banking all monies received.
- To assist with BACS payment runs.
- To open and distribute the finance post.
- To run reports from the finance software.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, inclusion, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To be aware of and support equal opportunities policies.
- To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Academy and Trust.
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
External: Contractors, suppliers, parents, external agency professionals, other Trust staff.
Internal: Students, staff, AAB members, parents and visitors to the academy.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- GCSE Grade A*-C, or equivalent, in both English and Maths (A/C)
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification and/or relevant work experience (A/C)
- Experience of using finance software (A/I)
- Experience of working in a finance related environment (A/I)
- Familiarity with relevant school procedures, policies and guidelines (A/I)
- Experience of using a range of standard computer packages e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook email (A/I)
- Experience of cash handling (A/I)
- Able to communicate clearly face to face, by telephone and in writing with a wide range of people (A/I/R)
- Able to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Able to work sensitively with confidential information (A/I/R)
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy (A/I/R)
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills (A/I/R)
- Able to work to demanding and often conflicting deadlines (I/R)
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision (A/I/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- To support the Christian Ethos of the academy as a Church of England Academy (A/I)
- Experience of office administration (A/I)
- Working in a school or office environment (A/I)
- Knowledge of Best Value and financial regulations (I)