Purpose of the job:
To work as part of the Facilities team and to be the minibus driver for the school’s home/school transport provision; including routine safety checks on the vehicle.
- Operating one of the academy’s bus routes, collecting children from given pick-up points along the route and delivering them to school; collecting them from school and dropping them back at the given points.
- Ensuring that the minibus is kept clean and in good condition, including, but not restricted to:
- Weekly cleaning of the bus, both inside and out
- Ensuring signs inside the bus are properly attached and in good condition
- Regular visual inspection/checking of tyres, lights, oil, water, fuel
- Ensuring that any additional work required is communicated immediately to the Site Manager
3. Adhere to all school policies including Health and Safety guidelines for Minibus Drivers
4. To liaise directly with parents when necessary
5. Enforcement of the school behaviour policy and the reporting of any incidents or unsatisfactory behaviour to Line Manager.
6. Dealing with accidents/incidents and reporting them to the school Office/member of the senior leadership team.
7. Collect student lunches and then to be the Lunch Time Supervisor which includes serving lunch to the students and be responsible for the overall management for students to dine promotes an order and pleasant meal service.
8. Ensuring the kitchen and facilities department are clean and in good condition after lunch.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the academy’s policies and procedures including Child Protection Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy, Information Security Policies, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent health and safety legislation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Understanding of Health & Safety Issues and good practice
- Knowledge of moving and handling procedures
- Awareness and understanding of basic safety and security measures
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Driving licences obtained on or after 1st January 1997 must have a category D1 PCV entitlement on their licence by meeting higher medical standards and passing an appropriate test or have obtained a driving licence before January 1st 1997
- Have experience driving a minibus
- Have held had a driving licence for at least 2 years and be 21 years of age or over.
- Good organisational and personal management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to deal with day to day issues on own initiative
- Effective time management
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility.
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS check
- To have basic first aid
- Experience of working with young people and or disabled
- Experience of working in the bus industry/community transport sector