Communications & Marketing Officer
Purpose of the job:
Purpose of the role:
To create and implement an effective communications strategy for Delta Academies Trust in order to promote opportunities offered by the Trust, increase engagement of both existing and potential stakeholders, celebrate achievements of students and staff and continue to develop community networks in the areas in which the Trust operates.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- To develop and implement a communications strategy for Delta Academies Trust which connects to and supports all aspects of the Trust;
- To develop and implement individual communication plans for the academies/schools within the Trust, which are aligned to the Trust’s strategy;
- To work with the Trust’s Graphic Designer to produce high quality marketing materials for the Trust and individual academies/schools within the Trust and manage this process from initial brief to copywriting, design and production;
- To develop high quality materials to promote the work of the Trust to a high standard at both local, regional and national level to encourage engagement within and beyond existing networks;
- To act as a guardian of the brand, delivering clear guidance for use of the Delta Academies Trust brand as well as templates to be followed;
- To liaise with a range of stakeholders including support staff, teachers, leaders and professionals across the Trust to widen participation and encourage involvement with Trust events, including external stakeholders such as universities, teaching schools, DfE, etc.;
- To develop the Trust’s digital profile, across websites, social media and email marketing, working with the Trust and local academies/schools to deliver local-level impact;
- To support the promotion and dissemination of the Trust’s aims, mission and opportunities through the development of effective written communications, social media content creation and website materials;
- To ensure all marketing and written material is produced to a high standard and consistently aligned to and compliant with the Trust’s designs;
- To advise and guide individual academies/schools on their communication collateral, newsletters, prospectuses, adverts and work with the Trust’s Graphic Designer and the academies/schools to develop and produce appropriate materials;
- To work with other departments to analyse data and identify target audiences and create tailored strategies to effectively engage them;
- To write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, and other marketing materials that communicate the Trust’s activities, events and services;
- To seek new opportunities to enhance the reputation and reach of Delta Academies Trust;
- To collate and present relevant engagement metrics and evaluate the success of the marketing and communications strategies used;
- To ensure all personal data is handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR 2018.
- To understand the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the appropriate person immediately.
- To comply with the Trust’s policies and procedures at all times.
To comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description
External: Contractors, suppliers, external printers, media organisations.
Internal: Support staff, Teachers, Leaders, Senior Management, Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Degree in a related subject (e.g. English, media)
- 5 A*- C grades (or equivalent) GCSE, including both Maths and English
- Proven record of developing and implementing excellent communication strategies
- Proven record of tailoring communications to specific target audiences
- At least two years’ experience in a related field
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices
- Knowledge of social media and website content development
- Able to work flexibly in order to meet demanding deadlines
- Extremely strong command of the English language (spoken and written)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- Excellent attention to detail and production of work of the highest quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Takes a creative and solution oriented approach to inspire and engage others
- Able to thrive under pressure
- Good sense of humour
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise good judgement and problem solve independently
- Holds a driving licence with use of a car for business use (mileage expenses reimbursed) and willing to travel across the Trust
- A passion for improving the outcomes of the children and young people we serve
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility
- Committed to abide by and promote the Delta Academies Trust Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies
- Committed to the ethos and values of the Delta Academies Trust
- Displays a responsible and co-operative attitude to working towards the achievement of the Delta Academies Trust aims and objectives
- Able to respect sensitive and confidential work
- Committed to own personal development and learning
- Enhanced DBS check
- Developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Knowledge of different digital marketing channels
- Copyright exposure
- Experience of working with a range of schools, settings and leaders across the Education sector
- Experience of working within a multi academy Trust or multi-site organisation
- Experience of working within the communication sector