Purpose of the job:
To work as part of the Facilities team and to be the minibus driver for the academy's transport provision; including routine safety checks on the vehicle.
- Daily transportation of students as directed by the Site Manager/Inclusion Co-ordinator; taking students to other Delta academies or alternative provision and collection for the return journey. There may be occasions when this is a lone journey, without an minibus escort. On these occasions, the dash-cam will be in operation.
- Additional transportation as directed by the Site Manager or senior leadership team.
- Ensuring that the minibus is kept clean and in good condition, including, but not restricted to:
- Weekly cleaning of the bus, both inside and out
- Ensuring signs inside the bus are properly attached and in good condition
- Regular visual inspection/checking of tyres, lights, oil, water, fuel
- Refuelling the minibus
- Ensuring that any additional work required is communicated immediately to the Site Manager
4. Adhere to all school policies including Health and Safety guidelines for Minibus Drivers
5. Enforcement of the school behaviour policy and the reporting of any incidents or unsatisfactory behaviour to the Site Manager.
6. Dealing with accidents/incidents and reporting them to the site manager.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the academy’s policies and procedures including Child Protection Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy, Information Security Policies, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent health and safety legislation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Understanding of Health & Safety Issues and good practice (A/I)
- Awareness and understanding of basic safety and security measures (A)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (A/I)
- Driving licences obtained on or after 1st January 1997 must have a category D1 PCV entitlement on their licence by meeting higher medical standards and passing an appropriate test or have obtained a driving licence before January 1st 1997 (A/I)
- Have experience driving a minibus (A/I)
- Have held had a driving licence for at least 2 years and be 21 years of age or over. (A/I)
- Good organisational and personal management skills (A/I/R)
- Effective communication skills (A/I/R)
- Ability to deal with day to day issues on own initiative (A/I)
- Effective time management (A/I)
- Ability to relate well to children and adults (A/I)
- Work in ways that promote equality of opportunity, participation, diversity and responsibility. (A/I)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/I)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS check (C)
- To have basic first aid (A/I/C)