Administrative Officer Grade C
Purpose of the job:
Under direction, to provide routine clerical, administrative support to the Academy, along with providing Reception cover.
- To provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, and completing routine forms.
- To ensure that everyone is dealt with in a courteous, professional, calm and friendly manner.
- To provide an excellent customer service to parents, pupils, colleagues and visitors to the Academy.
- To assist in the organisation of infrequent events, eg Prize Day, Dinner Day.
- To assist the Exams Officer in the preparation for exams/assessments.
- To assist with the administration of the admissions process.
- To support team members, sharing learning and best practice in order to contribute to overall team effectiveness.
- To assist with arrangements for visits by the Academy nurse, photographer, etc.
- To maintain manual and computerised records/management information system
- To undertake typing, word processing and other IT based tasks.
- To sort and distribute post/emails.
- To provide cover for reception duties when required, being the first point of contact for visitors, parents and pupils, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and the signing in and out of visitors.
- To report inappropriate pupil behaviour and convey serious incidents to the Office Manager/Principal as appropriate.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, inclusion, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
External: Contractors, suppliers, parents, external agency professionals, other Trust staff.
Internal: Students, staff, AAB members, parents and visitors to the academy.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- GCSE Grade C in English and Maths, or equivalent (C)
- Relevant work experience or vocational training with regard to reception/office work (A/R)
- RSA Level 2 word processing, or equivalent (C)
- Knowledge of a range of standard computer packages e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook email (A/R)
- Able to communicate clearly face to face, by telephone and in writing with a wide range of people (A/R)
- Able to relate well to children and adults (A/R)
- Able to work sensitively with confidential information (A/R)
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy (I)
- Able to work to demanding and often conflicting deadlines (A/R)
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision (A/R)
- Commitment to self and team development (A/R)
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I/R)
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies (A/R)
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people (A/R)
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS (C)
- Working in a school or office environment (A/R)
- Familiarity with relevant school procedures, policies and guidelines (A/I/R)
- NVQ Level 2 Administration, or equivalent (C)
- Experience of using SIMS or similar programme (A/R)
- Experience of working in a school environment (A/R)