Breakfast Club Assistant
Purpose of the job:
To attend to pupils’ personal needs and provide general support in supervising and managing pupils at the Breakfast Club. Duties to include caring and playing with groups of children, as well as providing a light breakfast. Enthusiasm and commitment is a key factor to provide a relaxed family feel breakfast environment.
- To greet children on arrival at club, provide and supervise play.
- To prepare food as required, as per menu of the day.
- To follow risk assessment guidelines.
- To follow food hygiene guidelines.
- To supervise pupils and ensure their safety.
- To report any pupil problems or behavioural difficulties in accordance with the academy policy and work at all times within safeguarding guidelines.
- To deal with incidents in accordance with agreed breakfast club policy strategies, encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- To liaise with parents.
- To assist younger children to cut up food.
- To check pupils arrive at their classrooms safely into the care of their teacher.
- To report all accidents in accordance with the academy policy and procedures and complete the appropriate form for the parent/carer.
- To ensure that any person on the premises is authorised to be there.
- To ensure that all health and safety instructions are followed at all times.
- To report any faults in equipment and resources in accordance with the academy policy and procedures.
- To attend any necessary training relevant to the post.
- To comply with the Academy policies and procedures at all times
To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy.
Edit me in Site Settings > Jobs (tab) > Job Negotiation Message.
e.g. This job description may be subject to change, following consultation between the post holder and the Academy
Experience and Knowledge
Key: A = Application, I = Interview And Assessment, R = Reference, C = Certificate
- Knowledge of healthy eating
- Childcare supervision
- Relevant knowledge of first aid
- Caring / taking charge of groups of children
- Physically able to participate in play and active-based learning
- Accurate record keeping where applicable
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Confidentiality must be respected at all times
- To be a positive role model and show a caring and understanding approach to children
- Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos
- A commitment to abide by and promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies
- A professional responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- The post holder will require an enhanced DBS
- Food Hygiene in Early Years Setting
- First Aid in Early Years
- NVQ Level 2 Childcare qualification